When sending hundreds or even thousands of mailings to potential customers, message writers don’t always think about a seemingly simple task: how to properly end the text. And really, is it so important if the very offer to the buyer is so profitable and so interesting?
In fact, the last words, and the style of the end of the letter are very important. It plays the role of the final chord in a complex symphony, constructed by marketers to achieve a positive result. And there are no false notes in that chord. Because the best email closings can achieve a decisive edge in favor of the mailing list authors. A few simple rules of digital etiquette and buying engagement won’t hurt even the savviest marketer. Let’s remind them.
Classics are always in demand
Surprisingly enough, classic, and neutral messages are always appreciated. This is especially important if the message is being sent for the first time. Or if the message is being sent to make a formal decision. Also, a similar ending to a letter will read well if the content is aimed at a financial transaction, where emotion is usually not very appropriate. Of course, it is necessary to compare everything in a specific situation. But a well-known rule applies – neutrality will be better received than too much activity that is not due to a close relationship. No one likes to have their relationship and communication space intruded upon. It creates irritation and pushback. If you don’t end up on the spam list. So, it is better to start with simple and clear phrases. Therefore, it is recommended in such cases to be minimally original. Here is a typical and effective set of final templates:
- with best wishes (from company so-and-so, from employee so-and-so);
- regards (no attribution is allowed, as long as the person in front indicates from whom the message was sent);
- warmest wishes (this is appropriate if it is a greeting and the letter is sent by an automated system on the user’s birthday);
- best wishes;
- sincerely yours (usually it’s better to use this form where a trusting contact is required and it has partially been established by correspondence or in person);
- wishes for success and prosperity;
- success in business (usually in a message to shareholders, business peers, colleagues, etc.)
- private and business successes (when it comes to communicating with a person who in one way or another is privy to his private life by receiving the company’s services).
Which type of completion will be chosen in a particular case is the choice of each marketer. But if in doubt, before sending a mass mailing or customizing a template, it’s better to let someone read the message to assess its appropriateness. And only then send it to thousands or millions of subscribers.